Sat 7th Nov
12.00noon - 2.00pm
Siobhan (Corr Irish HandMade Crafts) is a designer working mainly in leather, tweed and linen. She creates unique celtic inspired leather bags, purses, belts and masks, distressed antique style bags, dolls, cats, dogs, animals & fairies.
The workshop is designed for those who want to learn the basic techniques to produce hand-stitched leather items and have little or no previous experience. The aim of the workshop is for the participants is to learn about:
- Leathers: their qualities & potential
- How to use and maintain hand tools safely
- How to use patterns & cut leather
- How to confidently hand-stitch
- How to cut, edge and finish including bevelling & burnishing.
There will be an additional charge of €10 for larger items (e.g. belts)