The Allingham Festival Songwriting Contest is back, offering songwriters the opportunity to win €1000!
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Midnight October 8th 2017
Songwriters are invited to submit their entries using our online entry system or by CD. We welcome music of all styles. The deadline for entries has been extended to midnight October 8th. A shortlist of entrants will then be invited to perform in our live final which will be held on Friday November 10th 2017.
The winner on the night will walk away €1000 richer, and will also be invited to perform again in our Saturday night concert the following evening.
1. All entries must be the original work of the entrant.
2. Entries must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee of €20 for 1 entry, €35 for 2, €50 for 3, €60 for 4.
3. CD Entries: the name of the entrant and the song must be clearly written on the CD and sent in a CD case inside a padded envelope.
4. Online Entries: the filename of the mp3 should be the name of the song and the songwriter, e.g. 'The Faeries by William Allingham.mp3'.
5. The deadline for entries is midnight October 8th.
6. CDs will not be returned.
7. Sound Quality: we will accept all forms of digital recording, but we strongly recommend that you take some time to get the best recording you can. MP3s should be encoded no lower than 256kbps preferably, but as long as we can hear the melody and the lyrics, we can accept it.
8. Entries by mail must be accompanied by an application form, and a cheque or postal order. The postal address is Allingham Festival, Coláiste Cholmcille, Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal.
9. Lyric sheets must be provided for all entries.
- Online Entries: lyric sheets can be uploaded via the competition page as a Word document or a PDF.
- Entries by Mail: lyric sheets must be typed and printed with double-spaced lines and at least font size 12.
10. The judges' decision on the night is final.
11. No discussion on the shortlisting or the judges' decision will be entered into.
12. Finalists must be available to perform in the live final in Ballyshannon on Friday Nov. 10th 2017.